2010 Montauk Rugby Youth Camp
Montauk Rugby is hosting our third annual Youth Rugby Coaching Camp (kids aged 7-12 years). The camp will run from Mon Aug 30 thru Fri Sept 3rd (9am-12pm) at Herrick Park in East Hampton (Behind Walbaums). If there are older or younger kids also interested in participating we may be able to accomodate them, please contact us for more information.
WHAT & WHO?
Montauk Rugby Youth Camp is a fun, co-educational, non contact (flag rugby), game-based introduction to rugby, giving students a basic understanding of the teamwork, rugby values, basic vocabulary, game knowledge and skills required to play flag rugby. The camp is held in association with Play Rugby USA (www.playrugbyusa.com ), a national youth development program that pioneers the development of youth through rugby, and has also been partly sponsored by Montauk RFC. Play Rugby USA will send at least 2 professional coaches from the city who will guide students thru;
- Acquiring the basic understanding of rules and game terminology through fun rugby themed games
- Help develop a basic understanding of core values of the game
- Develop new skill sets through exploring themes such as passing, receiving, evasion, defending, space & support.
- Develop improved active listening and sequencing skills
- Experience a high level of teamwork including leadership and commitment
A Couple of ways to signup for the camp
All registrations need to be in no later than August 28th (we need to know how many coaches to get)!!!
WHERE & WHEN?
The camp will take place at Herrick Park, from Mon Aug 30 Thru Friday Sept 3rd.
The cost per child for the camp is $175
To express your interest and reserve your place, please contact Christian Mayo at Christian.Mayo@playrugbyusa.com or call (212) 563-3250.
We look forward to seeing you there!